Leimen is located in the heart of the Kurpfalz palatinate. Some of the oldest roman vineyards are found here. The surrounding countryside is very picturesque and enjoys a relatively warm climate.
A bus and streetcar stop as well as several shops, restaurants and cafes are located within a short walking distance.
The distance to Heidelberg is 5 km; the streetcar going directly to the centre of Heidelberg, the Bismarckplatz, runs every ten minutes and takes about 20 minutes.
- Motodrom Hockenheimring DTM and Formula 1 - approx. 16 km
- Schwetzingen (White asparagus Capital, Castle and Castle gardens) - approx. 12 km
- Mannheim (Castle, Shopping, Museums, Luisenpark, planetarium, Maimarkt, SAP-Arena) - approx. 25 km
- Sinsheim (Car and Technology Museum, German premier league soccer at the Rhein-Neckar- Arena, huge indoor swimming pool "Bäderwelt") - approx. 30 km
- Speyer (Technology Museum, Cathedral) - approx. 25 km
- spacious outdoor and indoor swimming pool
- Scenic bicycle-, running and hiking paths
- Badminton, squash, tennis, beachvolleyball and fitness facilities
- Cinema (Luxor Filmpalace Wiesloch-Walldorf) - approx. 9 km